- 50 mL or 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 250 g or 1 pkg (about 40) regular marshmallows or 5 cups miniature
- 1.5 L or 6 cups Rice Krispies* cereal
- 2 mL or 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- Candies, licorice or frosting
1. In large microwave safe bowl, melt margarine and marshmallows on HIGH for about 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute.
2. Stir mixture until smooth. Add vanilla and Kellogg's* Rice Krispies* cereal, stirring until well coated.
3. Allow to cool.
4. Shape half cups of mixture into balls.
5. Create eyes, nose, ears and whiskers with candies, licorice, or frosting. Best if served same day.
Stove Top Method:
Melt margarine in large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Follow steps 2 and 3 above.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg’s* products. Results with other products may vary.