Prep Time: 20 min
- 50 mL or 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 250 g or 1 pkg (about 40) regular marshmallows or 5 cups miniature
- 1.5 L or 6 cups Rice Krispies* cereal
- 2 mL or 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- Candies, licorice or frosting
- In large microwave safe bowl, melt margarine and marshmallows on HIGH for about 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute.
- Stir mixture until smooth. Add vanilla and Kellogg's* Rice Krispies* cereal, stirring until well coated.
- Allow to cool.
- Shape half cups of mixture into balls.
- Create eyes, nose, ears and whiskers with candies, licorice, or frosting. Best if served same day.
Stove Top Method:
- Melt margarine in large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Follow steps 2 and 3 above.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg’s* products. Results with other products may vary.