Halloween Bat Treats
- 50 mL or 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 1 pkg 250 g (about 40) regular or 5 cups (1.25 mL) miniature marshmallows
- 1.5 L or 6 cups Rice Krispies* cereal
- Canned icing or decorating gel
- Assorted candies
- In large saucepan, melt margarine over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Using a lightly buttered spatula or wax paper, press into 33 x 23 cm (13 x 9") pan coated with cooking spray. Cool slightly.
- Using cookie cutters coated with cooking spray cut into bat shapes. Decorate with icing and/or candies. Best if served the same day.
- In microwave-safe bowl heat margarine and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Continue with recipe as directed above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.