- 750 ml (3 cups) Rice Krispies* cereal
- 625 ml (2-1/2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 5 ml (1 tsp) baking soda
- 1 (1/4 tsp) salt
- 5 ml (1 tsp) ground cinnamon
- 5 ml (1 tsp) ground ginger
- 2 ml (1/2 tsp) ground cloves
- 300 ml (1-1/4 cups) packed brown sugar
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) margarine or butter
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) unsweetened applesauce
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) molasses
- 2 egg whites or 1 egg
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) granulated sugar
1. In medium bowl, mix together cereal, flour, baking soda, salt and spices. Set aside.
2. In large bowl using electric mixer, beat together brown sugar and margarine until thoroughly combined. Add applesauce, molasses and egg whites. Beat on low until smooth.
3. Add cereal mixture, mixing until combined. Drop by level 15 ml (1 tbsp) measure into granulated sugar; roll to coat. Place on baking sheets coated with cooking spray or lined with parchment paper. Press with bottom of measuring cup or glass, dipped in sugar, to 5 1/2 cm (2-1/4-inch) diameter.
4. Bake at 190 C (375 F) for about 10 minutes, until lightly browned. Remove from baking sheets and cool on wire racks. Store in airtight container.
Per 2 Cookies:
Protein: 2 g
Carbohydrates: 29 g
Fat: 2 g
Dietary Fibre: 0 g
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg’s* products. Results with other products may vary.