- ½ cup or 125 mL unsalted butter
- 1 lb or 454 g regular marshmallows
- 1 tsp or 5mL vanilla
- 1 tbsp or 15 mL ground ginger
- 2 tsp or 10 mL ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp or 2 mL ground nutmeg
- 12 cups or 3 L Rice Krispies* cereal
- 1 cup or 259mL SMARTIES®
- Popsicle or pop sticks
- Canned frosting, melted chocolate, candies and fondant
1. Lightly coat a 17 ¼ x 11 ½ x 1" (43 8/10 x 29 2/10 x 2 54/100 cm) jellyroll pan with cooking spray.
2. In a large heavy bottom pot, over medium-low heat, combine butter, marshmallows, vanilla, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg.
3. Cook, stirring often until marshmallows are completely melted and mixture is well combined.
4. Add Kelloggs Rice Krispies* cereal all at once and stir with a wooden spoon or heat resistant rubber spatula until all the cereal is evenly coated.
5. Using a spatula coated with cooking spray, quickly, press the mixture evenly into the pan filling it completely. Let the Rice Krispie treats cool completely at room temperature.
6. To make pops, cut out your favorite shapes using cookie cutters. Insert a stick in the bottom (side) of the treat. Decorate with SMARTIES®, icing, melted chocolate, sprinkles, or rolled fondant.
This is a great Christmas project for kids of all ages!
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg’s* products. Results with other products may vary.
TRADEMARK OWNER / PROPRIÉTAIRE DES MARQUES: SOCIÉTÉ DES PRODUITS NESTLÉ S.A., VEVEY, SWITZERLAND / SUISSE. LICENSEE / LICENCIÉ: NESTLÉ CANADA INC., NORTH YORK, ON M2N 6S8