Garden Party Garland
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 40 min
Perfect for a tea party or spring picnic with your little ones. Just bring bite-sized pieces of Rice Krispies Treats® onto skewers with your favorite fresh fruits.
- 3 tbsp. or 45 ml butter or margarine
- 1 package (about 40) Marshmallows
- 4 cups or 1 L Miniature Marshmallows
- 6 cups or 1.5 L Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 32 pieces fresh fruit such as strawberries, kiwi, grapes, etc.
- 16 (30 cm long) wooden skewers
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Cut into squares.
4. Alternately thread cereal squares and fruit onto skewers. Best if served the same day.
In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 through 4 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
1 jar (198 g) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.