- 50 mL (1/4 cup) margarine or butter
- 250 g (1 pkg) (about 40) regular marshmallows or 5 cups miniature
- 2 mL (1/2 tsp) vanilla extract (optional)
- 1.5 L (6 cups) Rice Krispies* cereal
1. Regular Method:
- In large microwave safe bowl, melt margarine and marshmallows on HIGH for about 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute.
- Stir mixture until smooth. Stir in vanilla. Add Kellogg's* Rice Krispies* cereal, stirring until well coated. Allow to cool slightly.
- Shape half cup of mixture into ball, inserting a wooden stick.
- Roll in coconut or chopped peanuts, if desired.
- Create face features with miniature marshmallows, candies or frosting. Best if served same day.
Stove Top Method:
- Melt margarine in large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Follow steps 2 and 3 above.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg’s* products. Results with other products may vary.