- 50 ml or 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 pkg (250 g) regular marshmallows
- 50 ml or 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1.5 L or 6 cups Rice Krispies* cereal
- 375 ml or 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 45 ml or 3 tablespoons butter or margarine softened
- 175 ml or 3/4 cup icing sugar sifted
- 30 ml or 2 tablespoons (approx) water
1. In large microwaveable bowl, microwave butter at HIGH 30-60 seconds or until melted. Add marshmallows, tossing to coat. Microwave at HIGH 1 - 1 1/2 minutes or until smooth when stirred, stirring after 45 seconds. Stir in peanut butter, then cereal until coated. Press firmly into buttered 2 L (15" x 10") jelly roll pan.
2. In second bowl microwave chocolate chips at MEDIUM (50%) 3 minutes or until chips appear shiny and can be stirred smooth. Stir in softened butter. Beat in icing sugar, then water until smooth and a good spreading consistency.
3. Cut cereal mixture in halves crosswise. Spread chocolate mixture over one half. Top with other half, pressing together gently. Chill until set, about 30 minutes. Cut into bars.
Butter and marshmallows may be stirred in saucepan over low heat to melt. Chocolate may be melted over hot water.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.