Fruit and Nut Granola Bars
- 1-1/2 cups or 375 mL large-flake rolled oats
- 1-1/2 cups or 375 mL Rice Krispies* cereal
- 1 cup or 250 mL raisins
- 1/2 cup or 125 mL sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup or 125 mL pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup or 125 mL whole unblanched almonds
- 1/3 cup or 75 mL corn syrup
- 1/3 cup or 75 mL liquid honey
- 1/3 cup or 75 mL vegetable oil
1. In large bowl, combine rolled oats, Rice Krispies*, raisins, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds and almonds.
2. In saucepan, bring corn syrup, honey and oil to boil over medium heat; reduce heat and simmer until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Let stand for 1 minute. Pour over cereal mixture, stirring to coat evenly.
3. Scrape into double parchment paper-lined or greased 13- x 9-inch (3.5 L) metal cake pan, pressing firmly with back of spoon or greased spatula.
4. Bake in 3500F (1800C) oven until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Let cool in pan on rack. Cut into bars.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.