Fruit and Cream Cereal Bars
- 30 ml or 2 tbsp butter
- 625 ml or 2 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows or 20 regular (half of 250 g pkg)
- 750 ml or 3 cups Rice Krispies* cereal
- Rice Krispies* with Vanilla Flavour cereal
- 50 ml or 1/4 cup butter softened
- 30 ml or 2 tbsp custard powder
- 2 ml or 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 30 ml or 2 tbsp milk
- 425 ml or 1 3/4 cup icing sugar sifted
- 500 ml or 2 cups (approx) fresh strawberries raspberries blueberries or canned mandarin orange sections well drained
- In large microwaveable bowl, microwave butter at HIGH for 30 seconds or until melted. Add marshmallows, tossing to coat.
- Microwave at HIGH for 1 minute or until smooth when stirred, stirring after 45 seconds. Add cereal, stirring until coated.
- Press into buttered 8-inch (2 L) pan.
- Cream butter and custard powder. Gradually blend in vanilla, milk and icing sugar until smooth. Spread over cooled base.
- Mark surface off into squares.
- Arrange fruit pieces on squares, pressing lightly into frosting. Chill. Cut in squares. Store covered in refrigerator.
Chilling Time: at least 2 hours.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.