- 1.25 L (5 cups) mini marshmallows
- 250 mL (1 cup) milk chocolate chips
- 50 mL (1/4 cup) butter
- 1.5 L (6 cups) Rice Krispies* cereal
- 2 mL (1/2 tsp) vanilla extract
- 50 mL (1/4 cup) prepared chocolate icing
- 25 mL (2 tbsp) chocolate cookie crumbs
1. In saucepan over medium heat, melt together marshmallows, chocolate chips and butter, stirring. Remove from heat.
2. Stir in Rice Krispies* and vanilla until coated.
3. With greased hands, divide into twelve 1/2 cup (125 mL) portions.
4. One at a time, pack into greased 6 oz (175 mL) custard cup; remove and place, top-side up, on waxed paper-lined baking sheet.
5. Spread 1 tsp (5 mL) icing over top of each. Sprinkle with cookie crumbs. Sprinkle work surface with sugar.
6. Cut gumdrops vertically into 1/8-inch (3 mm) thick slices. Sprinkle rolling pin with sugar.
7. Roll slices to flatten into thin petals and leaves; pinch to shape.
8. Press petals together to resemble flowers. Place on top of flower pot.
Notes: Prepare some granulated sugar and sugar-coated gumdrops on the side.
YIELD: 12 flower pots
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg’s* products. Results with other products may vary.