- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Butter
- 4 cups (1 L) Mini marshmallows
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Vanilla extract
- 6 cups (1.5 L) Rice Krispies* Spring Edition cereal
- 1/2 cup Pastel coloured sprinkles (optional)
- Approximately 24 Fillable plastic Easter Egg containers
1. In large saucepan over low heat, melt margarine. Add marshmallows; stir until melted and well blended. Remove from heat.
2. Stir in vanilla. Add cereal, stirring until coated.
3. Using 50 ml (1/4-cup) measuring cup coated with cooking spray, divide warm cereal mixture into approximately 24 portions and place on wax paper.
4. Lightly spray interior of the plastic eggs with non-stick cooking spray. If mixture is too sticky, you can also spray your hands.
5. Fill both sides of the plastic egg with rice cereal mixture, then close the plastic egg to shape it. It should be full enough to meet with a little resistance as you close it.
6. Gently release the rice cereal egg from the mold, and set aside on wax paper. Coat with sprinkles if desired. Cool. Best if served the same day.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using KELLOGG’S* products. Results with other products may vary.