Easter Bunny Pops
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Butter
- 4 cups (1 L) Mini marshmallows
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Vanilla extract
- 6 cups (1.5 L) Rice Krispies* Original Cereal
- 2 oz (60 g) White chocolate chips
- 2 oz (60 g) Pink candy melts
- 12 Round pink candies
- 24 Candy eyes
- 12 Small craft sticks
1. Grease a 9-inch (2.5 L) square pan. Melt butter in large saucepan set over low heat; add marshmallows. Stir for 8 to 10 minutes or until completely melted. Stir in vanilla. Remove from heat.
2. Immediately stir in cereal until coated. Using wet hands or buttered spatula, spread mixture evenly into pan. Let cool completely. Cut into 12 bars.
3. Meanwhile, place white chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of gently simmering water. Stir occasionally; heat until melted. Cool for 10 to 15 minutes. Repeat for pink candy melts.
4. Insert craft stick into bottom of each bar. Spoon melted chocolate and candy melts into two piping bags fitted with a small round tip or into resealable bags with the corners snipped.
5. Pipe small dot of white chocolate on back of round pink candies and centre on bottom third of bar for bunny’s nose. Pipe small dots of white chocolate on back of candy eyes and centre above nose. Pipe white chocolate and candy melts above eyes to resemble bunny’s ears. Let stand until chocolate sets. Let sit until firm, about 20 to 30 minutes.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using KELLOGG’S* products. Results with other products may vary.