Date Orange Cookies
- 250 ml or 1 cup butter, softened
- 125 ml or 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 125 ml or 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 5 ml or 1 tsp vanilla
- 500 ml or 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 5 ml or 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 ml or 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 ml or 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 ml or 1/4 tsp salt
- 175 ml or 3/4 cup chopped dates
- 30 ml or 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 15 ml or 1 tbsp grated orange rind
- 375 ml or 1-1/2 cups Rice Krispies* cereal
1.In large bowl, with electric mixer, beat butter and sugars until fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla.
2.In medium bowl, mix together 500 ml (2 cups) flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir into butter mixture.
3.In small bowl, toss dates with 30 ml (2 tbsp) flour to separate pieces and coat well.
4.Stir dates, orange rind and cereal into dough.
5.Drop dough by rounded 15 ml (1 tbsp), about 2 inches (5 cm) apart, onto parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake at 180°C (350°F) for about 8 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool on baking sheet 2 minutes; transfer to cooling rack. Store in tightly covered container.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.