- 50 ml margarine or butter
- 1 pkg 250 g (about 40) regular or 5 cups (1.25 ml) miniature marshmallows
- 10 ml vanilla
- 2 ml strawberry flavoured extract (optional)
- 1.5 L Rice Krispies* cereal
- Canned icing or decorating gel
- Assorted candies or coloured sprinkles
1. Line twelve 6 cm (2-1/2-inch) muffin pan cups with paper or foil liners, or place silicon cupcake moulds on baking sheet. Set aside.
2. In large saucepan, melt margarine over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla and strawberry extract.
3. Add cereal. Stir until well coated.
4. Evenly divide warm mixture into prepared paper liners or moulds. With slightly greased hands, gently press into moulds, leaving tops slightly rounded.
5. Decorate with icing, candies and sprinkles. Serve immediately or store covered in refrigerator for up to 12 hours. Remove from refrigerator 1 hour before serving.
In microwave-safe bowl, heat margarine and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 through 4 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
TIP: Strawberry extract may be found at some bulk stores and cake decorating stores.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg’s* products. Results with other products may vary.