Prep Time: 10 min
- 50 ml or 1/41/4 ml butter or margarine
- 50 ml or 1/41/4 ml corn syrup
- 250 ml or 11 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 5 ml or 11 ml vanilla extract
- 125 ml or 1/21/2 ml icing sugar sifted
- 500 ml or 22 ml Rice Krispies* cereal
- In saucepan, combine butter, corn syrup and chocolate chips. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla and icing sugar, mixing until smooth. Add cereal, mixing well.
- Spread in lightly-buttered 2 L (8") square pan. Chill until set, about 30 minutes. Cut into bars. Store in refrigerator.
- Microwave butter and syrup at HIGH 1 - 1 1/2 minutes or until melted and starting to bubble, stirring after 45 seconds. Stir in chocolate until mixture is smooth.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.