Crispie Caramel Popcorn
- 250 mL or 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 50 mL or 1/4 cup golden corn syrup
- 50 mL or 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 mL or 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 mL or 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1.25 L or 5 cups popped low-fat microwave popcorn
- 250 mL or 1 cup honey dry roasted peanuts or other nuts
- 375 mL or 1 1/2 cups Rice Krispies* with Vanilla Flavour cereal
- Combine sugar, corn syrup, butter and salt in large saucepan or Dutch oven. Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Cook 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat; stir in baking soda.
- Stir in popcorn and peanuts. Work quickly to coat well.
- Immediately sprinkle crushed cereal over mixture. Work quickly to coat well.
- Spread, using rubber spatula or 2 forks, on baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper. Let cool. Break into chunks. Store in heavy plastic bag or covered container.
YIELD: 2.5 L (10 cups)
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.