Prep Time: 20 min
- 125 ml or 1/2 cup Miniature candies such as cinnamon hearts candy-coated chocolate pieces, or fruit gums
- 125 ml or 1/2 cup Hard candies broken into small pieces such as toffee, candy cane, or peppermint sticks
- 50 ml or 1/4 cup Margarine or butter
- 1 pkg or 250 g 250 g (about 40) regular marshmallows or 5 cups miniature
- 1.5 L or 6 cups Rice Krispies* cereal
- 2 ml or 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- In a lightly-buttered 3.5 L (13 x 9") pan, sprinkle candy evenly over bottom. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan over low heat, melt margarine. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.**
- Add cereal, stirring until well coated.
- Press mixture evenly over candy. Cut into squares. Serve candy side up.
- In large microwaveable bowl, microwave margarine at HIGH (100%) 30-60 seconds or until melted. Add marshmallows, tossing to coat. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 1 - 1 1/2 minutes or until smooth when stirred, stirring after 45 seconds. Follow steps 3 and 4.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.