Complete Contentment Squares
Prep Time: 10 min
- 50 mL or 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1.25 L or 5 cups (about 40) regular marshmallows or 5 cups miniature
- 250 mL or 1 cup raisins
- 250 mL or 1 cup chopped, pitted dried apricots
- 125 mL or 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1 L or 4 cups Rice Krispies* cereal
- In a large saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Add marshmallows; stir until melted and well blended. Remove from heat.
- Add raisins, apricots and coconut, then cereal, stirring until thoroughly coated.
- Press firmly and evenly into buttered 2 L (9") square pan. Chill until set (about 30 minutes). Cut into bars. Best stored in the refrigerator, covered.
YIELD: 32 bars
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.