Coconut Cranberry Snowballs
- 750 mL or 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 50 mL or 1/4 cup butter
- 1 mL or 1-1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 mL or 1/4 tsp coconut extract (optional)
- 750 mL or 3 cups Rice Krispies* cereal
- 125 mL or 1/2 cup chopped dried cranberries
- 400 mL or 1-2/3 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- In large saucepan over medium-low heat, melt marshmallows with butter, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla, and coconut extract (if using).
- Add half of the Rice Krispies*, stirring to coat. Stir in remaining Rice Krispies*, cranberries and 1 cup (250 mL) of the coconut until coated. Let cool slightly.
- With greased hands, shape by heaping 1 tsp (5 mL) into balls. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets.
Spread remaining coconut in shallow dish; roll balls in coconut to coat.
YIELD: 35 balls
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.