Cinnamon Corn Crunch
A light and crunchy cinnamon-flavoured snack so easily prepared in your microwave oven.
- 1.5 L (6 cups) Crispix* Cereal
- 1 L (4 cups) plain popped popcorn
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) granulated sugar
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) margarine or butter
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) liquid honey
- 2 mL (1/2 tsp) ground cinnamon
- 175 mL (3/4 cup) raisins (optional)
1. In large microwaveable bowl, combine cereal and popcorn.
2. In small glass measure, combine sugar, margarine, honey and cinnamon. Microwave at HIGH 30 seconds. Stir well. Microwave an additional 30 seconds or until mixture comes to a vigorous boil. Stir.
3. Slowly pour honey mixture over cereal mixture while stirring; mix until well coated. Microwave at HIGH 3 minutes. stirring every minute. Stir in raisins. Cool 5 minutes; using a fork, stir to separate pieces. Pour onto a baking tray and allow to cool completely. Store in airtight container.
YIELD: 2 1/2 L (10 cups)
PER SERVING: (1 cup)
2 2/10 g Fat
32 6/10 g Carbohydrate
1 1/10 g Dietary Fiber
2 3/10 g Protein
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.