Chocolate Toffee Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 125 mL 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 125 mL 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 L 4 cups Rice Krispies* cereal
- 500 mL 2 cups ice cream or frozen yogurt, very slightly softened (half of a 1 litre container)
1. In medium bowl, stir together corn syrup and peanut butter. Add cereal and stir until well coated.
2. Press mixture firmLy and evenly into buttered 3.5 L (13 x 9") pan. Place in freezer until firm, about 15 minutes.
3. Cut cereal mixture in half crosswise. Spread one half with softened ice cream or frozen yoghurt and top with second half to make one very large sandwich. Freeze until firm, about 2 hours.
4. Cut large sandwich into 5 cm (2") portions. Wrap individually in foil or freezer wrap and store in freezer until needed.
† Since product formulation vary from one brand to another, be sure to always read the ingredient listings to be sure that the brands you selected are gluten free.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.