Chocolate Toffee Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 375 ml or 1 1/2 cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 125 ml or 1/2 cup Toffee bits
1 L or 4 cups
Rice Krispies*Brown Rice Gluten-Free cereal
- 500 ml or 2 cups Ice cream or frozen yogurt
1. In saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate stirring constantly until smooth. Remove from heat.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together melted chocolate and toffee bits. Add cereal and stir until well coated.
3. Lay wax paper in a 13" x 9" pan. Using a spoon, press mixture firmly and evenly into pan. Place in freezer until firm, about 15 minutes. Cut cereal mixture into 3" x 3" squares.
4. Take two squares and spread ice cream between the two to make sandwiches. Wrap individually in foil or freezer wrap. Freeze until about firm (about 1/2 hour) or eat right away.
† Since product formulation vary from one brand to another, be sure to always read the ingredient listings to be sure that the brands you selected are gluten free.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.