It's fun to say. They're fun to make. And, thanks to the chocolate, butterscotch and peanut butter, they're even more fun to eat.
- 1 cup or 250 ml Light corn syrup
- 1 cup or 250 ml Sugar
- 1 cup or 250 ml Peanut Butter
- 6 cups or 1.5 L Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- ½ package (250 ml, 1 cup) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup or 250 ml butterscotch chips
1. Place corn syrup and sugar into a saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until sugar dissolves and mixture begins to boil. Remove from heat.
2. Stir in peanut butter. Mix well.
3. Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
4. Press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Set aside.
5. Melt chocolate and butterscotch chips together in a saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Spread evenly over cereal mixture. Let stand until firm.
6. Cut into 2 x 1-inch bars when cool.
Tip: Before measuring the corn syrup, coat your measuring cup with cooking spray--the syrup will pour easily out of the cup.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.