Chocolate Raisin Explosion Squares
Prep Time: 10 min
- 50 mL or 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 1 pkg or 250 g (about 40) regular marshmallows or 5 cups miniature
- 2 mL or 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.25 L or 5 cups Rice Krispies* cereal
- 125 mL or 1/2 cup peanuts (optional)
- 125 mL or 1/2 cup raisins
- 125 mL or 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- In large saucepan over low heat, melt margarine. Add marshmallows; stir until melted and well blended. Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla. Add cereal, peanuts and raisins, then chocolate chips, stirring until thoroughly coated.
- Using lightly-buttered spatula, press into buttered 3.5 L (13" x 9") pan. Cool. Cut into squares.
YIELD: 24 squares (5 cam/2")
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.