Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares
Prep Time: 10 min
- 1.5 L (6 cups) Rice Krispies* cereal
- 500 mL (2 cups) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 750 mL (3 cups) miniature marshmallows
- 150 mL (2/3 cup) smooth peanut butter
- 2 mL (1/2 tsp) vanilla (optional)
- In large saucepan over very low heat, stir chocolate chips and peanut butter until melted and smooth. (or microwave at HIGH 3 minutes in large microwaveable bowl, stirring twice). Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla.
- Add cereal and marshmallows, mixing until well coated.
- Press evenly and firmly into buttered 3.5 L (13 x 9") pan. Chill until firm, about 45 minutes. Cut into bars.
- Frosted: Spread 250 ml (1 cup) melted semi-sweet chocolate chips over cereal mixture.
- Crunchy: Add 125 ml (½ cup) chopped peanuts with cereal.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.