Chocolate Decadence Squares
Prep Time: 20 min
- 425 mL (1 3/4 cups) Rice Krispies* cereal
- 50 mL (1/4 cup) margarine or butter
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) liquid honey
- 2 mL (1/2 tsp) vanilla (optional)
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) chopped dates
- 175 mL (1/4 cup) chopped glace cherries
- 125 mL (1/4 cup) raisins
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) sliced almonds
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) peanut butter
- 250 mL (1 cup) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In saucepan over low heat, melt honey and butter. Add dates. Cook, stirring constantly until thoroughly combined and thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and stir in raisins, cherries, almonds and cereal. Using lightly buttered spatula, press into buttered 2 L (8") pan.
- In a small saucepan, gently heat peanut butter and chocolate chips. When melted, blend and spread over base. Refrigerate until firm. Cut into squares.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.