Chocolate Caramel Cheesecake
Prep Time: 20 min
- 750 mL (3 cups) Rice Krispies* cereal
- 75 mL (1/3 cup) firmly packed brown sugar
- 45 mL (3 tbsp) margarine
- 150 mL (2/3 cup) mini chocolate chips
- 75 mL (1/3 cup) chopped pecans
- 2 pkgs (250 g) light cream cheese, softened
- 175 mL (3/4 cup) granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 mL (1/4 tsp) salt
- 5 mL (1 tsp) vanilla
- 250 mL (1 cup) low-fat sour cream
- 150 mL (2/3 cup) caramel ice cream topping
1. In food processor, combine cereal, brown sugar and margarine. Process until it becomes fine crumbs.
2. Press into bottom and halfway up sides of 23 cm (9-inch) Springform pan coated with cooking spray.
3. Bake at 180°C (350°F) for about 8 minutes.
4. In small bowl mix together chocolate chips and pecans. Remove 50 mL (1/4 cup); set aside for topping. Sprinkle remainder of mixture over baked crust.
5. In large bowl with electric mixer, beat together cream cheese and sugar on medium until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Mix in salt, vanilla and sour cream. Pour into prepared crust.
6. Return to oven. Bake about 40 minutes or until set in center and pulls away from edges. Remove from oven and immediately run knife around edge to prevent cracking. Cool 1 hour; remove outer ring. Chill at least 2 hours before serving.
7. Cut into wedges, place on serving plates. Sprinkle tops with a little of the reserved chocolate/pecan mixture and drizzle each with 15 mL (1 tbsp) caramel topping.
YIELD: 10 servings.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.