Chocolate Caramel Cheesecake (Gluten-Free version)
- 750 ml or 3 cups Rice Krispies* Brown Rice Gluten-Free cereal
- 75 ml or 1/3 cup Packed brown sugar
- 45 ml or 3 tbsp Butter
- 150 ml or 2/3 cup Chocolate chips
- 75 ml or 1/3 cup Chopped toasted pecans
- 500 g or 16 oz Light cream cheese, softened (2 pkg)
- 175 ml or 3/4 cup Granulated sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 ml or 1/4 tsp Salt
- 5 ml or 1 tsp Vanilla
- 250 ml or 1 cup Low-fat sour cream
- 150 ml or 2/3 cup Caramel topping
1. In food processor, combine cereal and brown sugar. Process until it becomes fine crumbs. Drizzle with butter and process just to combine. Press into bottom and halfway up sides of 23 cm (9-inch) spring-form pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 180°C (350°F) until about 8 minutes.
2. In small bowl mix together chocolate chips and pecans. Remove 50 ml (1/4 cup); set aside for topping. Sprinkle remainder of mixture over baked crust.
3. In large bowl with electric mixer, beat together cream cheese and sugar on medium until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Mix in salt, vanilla and sour cream. Pour into prepared crust. Return to oven. Bake about 40 minutes or until set in center and pulls away from edges. Remove from oven and immediately run knife around edge to prevent cracking. Cool 1 hour; remove outer ring. Chill at least 2 hours before serving.
4. To serve: Cut into wedges, place on serving plates. Sprinkle tops with a little of the reserved chocolate/pecan mixture and drizzle each with 15 ml (1 tbsp) caramel topping.
† Since product formulation vary from one brand to another, be sure to always read the ingredient listings to be sure that the brands you selected are gluten free.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.