- 4 tsp coconut oil / any cooking oil
- 1/4 cup, shelled peanuts
- 2 tblsp, roasted gram dal
- 1/2 cup cashew seeds
- 4 tbsp raisins
- few curry leaves
- 4, sliced fine rounds Thai green chilies
- 1/4 tsp tumeric powder
- 1 tsp Kashmiri red chili powder
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- to taste salt
- 2 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes*
- 2 cups Rice Krispies* Cereal
- 1 tblsp fennel seeds
1. In a large wok / kadai, heat 4 teaspoons coconut oil / any cooking oil.
2. Sauté in 1/4 cup peanuts on low flame, until it turns crisp.
3. Add 2 tablespoons roasted gram dal and sliced Thai chilies. Sauté for 30 seconds.
4. Add 1/2 cup cashews. Stir until golden brown.
5. Add 2 tablespoons raisins, a few curry leaves and 1 tablespoon of fennel seeds. Sauté until raisins puff up and curry leaves turn crisp.
6. Add 1/4 teaspoon turmeric, 1 teaspoon chili powder, 1 teaspoon chaat masala and salt to taste.
7. Sauté on low heat for 1 minute then turn heat off.
8. Add 2 cups of Kellogg's Corn Flakes* cereal and 1 cup of Rice Krispies* cereal.
9. Mix gently without breaking Kellogg's Corn Flakes* cereal.
10. Once cooled, store in an airtight container.
11. Enjoy chewda with hot masala tea.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.