Cherry Fluff Pie
- 500 mL (2 cups) Rice Krispies* cereal
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) margarine or butter
- 50 mL (1/4 cup) golden corn syrup
- 250 mL (1 cup) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 250 mL (1 cup) maraschino cherries chopped
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) syrup from cherries
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) cold 2% milk
- 1 pkg (102 g) vanilla instant pudding
- 250 mL (1 cup) whipped cream or frozen whipped topping thawed
In 2 L (2 quart) saucepan, cook margarine, corn syrup and chocolate chips over low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth and blended. Remove from heat. Add cereal; stir until well coated. With back of spoon, press mixture evenly into bottom and up side of 23 cm (9-inch) pie plate coated well with cooking spray. Refrigerate until chilled.
In large mixing bowl, whisk together cherry syrup, milk and vanilla pudding mix until smooth.
Fold in cherries and whipped cream. Spread in crust. Chill 3 hours or overnight before serving. Garnish with additional whipped cream and chocolate curls, if desired.
YIELD: 8 servings.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.