Cherry Coconut Munch Bars
Prep Time: 20 min
- 1.25 L or 5 cups Rice Krispies* cereal
- 50 ml or 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 1.25 L or 5 cups miniature marshmallows or 40 regular (one 250 g pkg)
- 250 ml or 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 125 ml or 1/2 cup peanuts coarsely chopped
- 125 ml or 1/2 cup maraschino cherries well-drained chopped
- In large saucepan over low heat, melt margarine. Add marshmallows; stir until melted and well blended. Remove from heat.
- Gradually mix in cereal, coconut, peanuts and cherries, stirring until thoroughly coated.
- Press firmly and evenly into buttered 2 L ( 9" ) square pan. Chill until set, about 30 minutes. Cut into bars. Best stored in refrigerator, covered.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.