Prep Time: 10 min
- 1 L (4 cups) Rice Krispies* cereal
- 2 mL (1/2 tsp) garlic salt
- 2 mL (1/2 tsp) dried oregano
- 50 mL (1/4 cup) all-purpose flour
- 2 egg whites
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) water
- 1 pkg (200 g) mozzarella cheese
1. Combine crushed cereal, garlic salt and oregano in a pie plate or shallow bowl. Place flour in second pie plate or bowl. In third shallow container, beat egg whites and water with fork until thoroughly combined.
2. Cut cheese into 16 sticks approximately 7 cm (2 3/4-inches) long. Dip one stick in flour, then in egg mixture, then cereal mixture. Carefully repeat dipping in egg mixture and cereal mixture to double coat completely. Place on foil lined baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Coat remaining cheese using same method.
3. Bake at 200°C (400°F) about 8 minutes or until cheese is soft and sticks are lightly browned. Serve hot with pizza sauce or salsa, if desired.
YIELD: 16 cheese sticks.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.