- 1.5 L (6 cups) Rice Krispies* cereal
- 397 g (1 pkg) caramels
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) butter or margarine
- 2 mL (1/2 tsp) vanilla extract (optional)
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) milk
1. Unwrap caramels and place in large microwaveable glass bowl. Add butter and milk. Microwave at HIGH 3-4 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring after each minute.
2. Add cereal and vanilla, stirring until evenly coated.
3. Press evenly into lightly-buttered 3 1/2 L (13" x 9") pan. Let stand until firm. Cut into bars.
NOTES: Step 1 may be done on stove-top in large saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring constantly.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.