- 750 mL (3 cups) Rice Krispies* cereal
- 500 mL (2 cups) granulated sugar
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) all-purpose flour
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) cocoa
- 1 mL (1/4 tsp) salt
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) chopped pecans or walnuts
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) vegetable oil
- 3 eggs beaten
- 50 mL (1/4 cup) skim milk
- 5 mL (1 tsp) vanilla
In large bowl mix together crushed cereal, sugar, flour, cocoa, salt and pecans. Add oil, eggs, milk and vanilla. Mix just until combined. Spread evenly in 33 x 23 cm (13 x 9-inch) baking pan.
Bake at 180°C (350°F) about 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centre comes out clean. (Do not overbake.) Cool completely on wire rack before cutting into squares. Store in tightly covered container at room temperature.
YIELD: 24 squares.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.