- 750 ml or 3 cups Rice Krispies* Brown Rice Gluten-Free cereal
- 500 ml or 2 cups Granulated sugar
- 125 ml or 1/2 cup Rice flour
- 125 ml or 1/2 cup Cocoa
- 1 ml or 1/4 tsp Salt
- 125 ml or 1/2 cup Chopped pecans or walnuts
- 125 ml or 1/2 cup Butter, melted
- 3 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 50 ml or 1/4 cup Milk
- 5 ml or 1 tsp Vanilla
- 250 ml or 1 cup Chocolate chips, divided
1. In large bowl mix together crushed cereal, sugar, flour, cocoa, salt and pecans. Add butter, eggs, milk and vanilla. Mix just until combined. Stir in 125 ml (1/2 cup) of the chocolate chips. Spread evenly in 33 x 23 cm (13 x 9-inch) baking pan. Sprinkle evenly with remaining chocolate chips.
2. Bake at 180°C (350°F) about 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centre comes out clean. (Do not overbake). Cool completely on wire rack before cutting into squares. Store in tightly covered container at room temperature.
† Since product formulation vary from one brand to another, be sure to always read the ingredient listings to be sure that the brands you selected are gluten free.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.