Barbecue-Flavoured Pork Strips
- 750 mL (3 cups) Rice Krispies* cereal crushed to 375 mL (1 1/2 cups)
- 5 mL (1 tsp) mesquite or chipotle flavoured seasoning
- 50 mL (1/4 cup) all-purpose flour
- 75 mL (1/3 cup) barbecue sauce
- 30 mL (2tbsp) apple juice or chicken stock
- 500 g ( 1 lb) boneless pork loin chops 1 cm (1/2 inch) thick
- In large plate or shallow pan, combine crushed cereal and seasoning. Place flour on second plate.
- In medium bowl, mix together barbecue sauce and apple juice. Trim fat from chops. Cut lengthwise into approximately 1.5 cm (1/2-inch) strips. Dip pork strips in flour, shaking off excess. Dip in sauce. Coat well with crumbs. Place in single layer on foil-lined baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 200°C (400°F) about 20 minutes or until not longer pink inside. (Do not cover or turn pork while cooking.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.