Banana Nut Squares
- 1.5 L (6 cups) Rice Krispies* cereal
- 50 mL (1/4 cup) margarine or butter
- 250 g (1 pkg) (about 40) regular marshmallows*
- 45 mL (3 tbsp) banana instant pudding mix
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) chopped walnuts
- In a large saucepan over low heat, melt margarine. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Stir in banana pudding mix. Add cereal and nuts, stirring until well coated.
- Press into lightly-buttered 3.5l (13" x 9") pan. Allow to cool. Cut into squares.
NOTES: * also equals 1.25 l (5 cups) miniature marshmallows.
YIELD: 24 squares (5 cm/2)
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.