Baked Pancake with Apples
- 375 mL (1 1/2 cups) Rice Krispies* Cereal
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) margarine or butter
- 3 eggs
- 250 mL (1 cup) skim milk
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) all-purpose flour
- 1 mL (1/4 tsp) salt
- 5 mL (1 tsp) icing sugar
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) firmly packed brown sugar
- 12 mL (2 1/2 tsp) cornstarch
- 5 mL (1 tsp) cinnamon
- 250 mL (1 cup) apple juice
- 750 mL (3 cups) thinly sliced apples (unpeeled)
- 125 mL (1/2 cups) each: fresh blueberries and raspberries (optional)
- Place margarine in 23 cm (9-inch) pie plate or large oven-safe skillet. Heat in 220°C (425°F) oven about 2 minutes or until margarine melts.
- Meanwhile, in blender, combine cereal, eggs, milk, flour and salt. Blend 15 seconds or until smooth. Pour into hot pie plate. Return to oven, bake about 15 minutes or until golden brown and puffed.
- Make Apple Topping while pancake bakes. In medium saucepan, mix together brown sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon.
Gradually stir in apple juice. Cook, stirring, over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens. Stir in apples. Cook, stirring occasionally, until apples soften slightly. Stir in berries, if desired.
- When pancake comes out of oven, sift icing sugar over top. Cut into wedges and serve immediately with apple topping
YIELD: 6 servings.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.