Baked Custard with Caramel Syrup
Prep Time: 20 min
- 750 mL (3 cups) Rice Krispies* cereal
- 4 eggs
- 75 mL (1/3 cup) granulated sugar
- 0.5 mL (1/8 tsp) salt
- 2 mL (1/2 tsp) cinnamon
- 5 mL (1 tsp) vanilla
- 500 mL (2 cups) skim milk
- 175 mL (3/4 cup) caramel ice cream topping
- Place cereal in 20 cm (8-inch) square glass baking dish.
- In medium bowl, beat together eggs, sugar, salt, cinnamon and vanilla until well combined. Stir in milk. Pour over cereal.
- Bake at 160°C (325°F) about 30 minutes or until knife inserted in centre comes out clean. Serve warm drizzled with about 30 mL (2 tbsp) caramel syrup.
YIELD: 6 servings.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.