Apricot Cranberry Chews
- 1 L or 44 L Rice Krispies* cereal
- 50 ml or 1/4 cup Butter or Margarine
- 1.25 L or 5 cups Miniature marshmallows or 40 regular (250 g pkg)
- 375 ml or 1 1/2 Dried cranberries
- 250 ml or 1 cup Chopped pitted dried apricots
In large saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Add marshmallows; stir until melted and well blended. Remove from heat. ( OR, in large microwaveable bowl, microwave butter at HIGH 30 - 60 seconds to melt. Stir in marshmallows.
Microwave at HIGH 1 - 1 1/2 minutes or until smooth when stirred, stirring after 45 seconds.
Add apricots and dried cranberries, then cereal, stirring until thoroughly coated.
Press firmly and evenly into buttered 2 L ( 9" ) square pan. Chill until set, about 30 minutes. Cut into bars.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.