Apple Crisp (Gluten-Free version)
- 375 ml or 1 1/2 cups Rice Krispies* Brown Rice Gluten-Free cereal
- 175 ml or 3/4 cup Firmly packed brown sugar
- 125 ml or 1/2 cup Rice Flour
- 4 ml or 3/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 75 ml or 1/3 cup Butter, cubed
- 1.5 L or 6 cups Sliced, peeled cooking apples (about 1 kg/2 lbs)
1. In large bowl mix together sugar, flour and cinnamon. Using pastry blender, cut in butter until resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cereal.
2. Spread apple slices evenly in 23 cm (9-inch) square baking pan. Sprinkle cereal topping over apples.
3. Bake at 180°C (350°F) about 30 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve with ice cream, frozen yogurt or whipped cream if desired.
† Since product formulation vary from one brand to another, be sure to always read the ingredient listings to be sure that the brands you selected are gluten free.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.