White Chocolate Cranberry Crisp Bars
- 175 mL or 3/4 cup golden corn syrup
- 125 mL or 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1.25 L or 5 cups Rice Krispies* with Vanilla Flavour cereal
- 2 pkgs (225 g) white chocolate chips
- 175 mL or 3/4 cup dried cranberries, dried cherries or chopped dried apricots
Combine corn syrup and sugar in large saucepan or Dutch oven. Heat over medium heat, stirring, until it bubbles and sugar dissolves.
Remove from heat; immediately stir in cereal. Stir in 175 mL (3/4 cup) of the white chocolate chips and cranberries. (Chips will melt in.) Press into 33 x 23 cm (13 x 9-inch) baking pan lined on bottom and two sides with foil sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
Melt remaining white chocolate chips in medium bowl in microwave or over saucepan of boiling water. Stir until smooth. Spread over mixture in pan.
Let cool. Lift out of pan, remove foil and cut into bars.
YIELD: 24 bars
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.