White Chocolate Cheesecake with NEW Vanilla Rice Krispies* Crust
- 750 mL (3 cups) Rice Krispies* with Vanilla Flavour cereal
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) granulated sugar
- 45 mL (3 tbsp) soft margarine
- 1 pkg (225 g) white chocolate chips
- 2 pkgs (250 g) cream cheese, softened
- 175 mL (3/4 cup) granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 250 mL (1 cup) sour cream
- 375 mL (1 1/2 cups) each: sliced strawberries and kiwi Whipped cream, optional
In food processor, combine cereal, 30 mL (2 tbsp) sugar and margarine. Process until it becomes fine crumbs. Press into bottom and part way up sides of 23 cm (9-inch) springform pan (or bottom of 23 cm/9-inch square pan). Bake at 180°C (350°F) about 8 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool. Reduce oven to 160°C (325°F).
Melt white chocolate chips in medium bowl in microwave; stir until smooth. Let cool slightly.
In large bowl with electric mixer, beat together cream cheese and 175 mL (3/4 cup) sugar on medium until smooth. Beat in melted chocolate. Beat in eggs one at a time. Mix in sour cream. Pour into prepared crust.
Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until almost set in center and pulls away from edges. Remove from oven and immediately run knife around edge to prevent cracking. Cool 1 hour; remove outer ring. Chill at least 2 hours before serving. Cut into wedges, place on serving plates. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream, if desired, and sliced strawberries and kiwi.
YIELD: 10 servings.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.