- 125 mL or 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 175 mL or 3/4 cup Rice Krispies* cereal
- 75 mL or 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 mL or 1/4 tsp baking soda
- pinch salt
- 75 mL or 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 300 mL or 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 125 mL or 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 300 mL or 1 1/4 cup Rice Krispies* cereal
- 125 mL or 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 125 mL or 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
In mixing bowl, thoroughly combine the first six ingredients. Press into greased 2L (8") square baking pan.
Bake at 180 C (350F) for about 10 minutes or until just starting to brown.
In heavy saucepan, combine condensed milk, 125mL (1/2 cup) butter, 125mL (1/2 cup) brown sugar.
Over medium- low heat, bring to boil and boil for five minutes, stirring continuously. Remove from heat and pour over baked crust.
In a saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate chips. Stir in remaining cereal until well coated. Using two forks, spread over caramel layer. Chill several hours until set. Cut into squares.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.