Sweet Treat Bars
Total Time: 20 min
- 15 mL or 1 tbsp margarine or butter
- 125 mL or 1/2 cup corn syrup or liquid honey
- 500 mL or 2 cups RICE KRISPIES* cereal
- 2 mL or 1/2 tsp vanilla (optional)
- 125 mL or 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 175 mL or 3/4 cup chopped nuts
- 125 mL or 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 125 mL or 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 30 mL or 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 250 mL or 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
BASE : In saucepan, heat corn syrup, margarine, brown sugar, peanut butter, and chocolate chips. Remove from heat; stir in nuts and cereal.
Using lightly buttered spatula, press into buttered 3.5 L (13 x 9") pan.
TOPPING : In a small saucepan, gently heat peanut butter and chocolate chips. When melted, blend and spread over base. Refrigerate until firm. Cut into squares.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.