Squares Recipe with Chocolate Chips
- 50 ml or 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 1 pkg 250 g (about 40) regular marshmallows**
- 2 ml or 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1.5 L or 6 cup Rice Krispies* cereal
- 250 ml or 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. In large saucepan over low heat, melt margarine. Add marshmallows; stir until melted and well blended. Remove from heat.
2. Stir in vanilla. Add cereal, stirring until coated. Add chocolate chips, stirring until thoroughly coated.
3. Using lightly-buttered spatula, press into buttered 3.5 L (13 x 9") pan. Cool. Cut into squares.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.