Squares Recipe with Chocolate Chips
- 50 ml or 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 1 pkg 250 g (about 40) regular marshmallows**
- 2 ml or 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1.5 L or 6 cup Rice Krispies* cereal
- 250 ml or 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. In large saucepan over low heat, melt margarine. Add marshmallows; stir until melted and well blended. Remove from heat.
2. Stir in vanilla. Add cereal, stirring until coated. Add chocolate chips,
stirring until thoroughly coated.
3. Using lightly-buttered spatula, press into buttered 3.5 L (13 x 9") pan. Cool. Cut into squares..