Spicy Raisin Squares
Prep Time: 10 min
- 50 mL or 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 250 g or 1 pkg (about 40) regular marshmallows or 5 cups miniature
- 5 mL or 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 125 mL or 1/2 cup raisins
- 1.5 L or 6 cups Rice Krispies* cereal
- 2 mL or 1/2 tsp vanilla (optional)
In a large saucepan over low heat, melt margarine. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
Stir in pumpkin pie spice and vanilla. Add cereal and raisins, stirring until well coated.
Press into lightly-buttered 3.5 L (13 x 9") pan. Allow to cool. Cut into bars.
In large microwaveable bowl, microwave margarine at HIGH (100%) 30-60 seconds or until melted. Add marshmallows, tossing to coat. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 1 - 1 1/2 minutes or until smooth when stirred, stirring after 45 seconds. Follow steps 2 and 3 above.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.