Sesame Cheese Crackers
Prep Time: 20 min
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) soft margarine or butter
- 500 mL (2 cups) finely shredded Cheddar cheese
- 175 mL (3/4 cup) all-purpose flour
- 1 mL (1/4 tsp) cayenne pepper
- 750 mL (3 cups) Rice Krispies* cereal
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) toasted sesame seeds
1. In large bowl with electric mixer, beat margarine and cheese on medium speed until light and fluffy.
2. Mix in flour, cayenne and 300 mL (1 1/4 cups) of the crushed cereal.
3. In large plate or shallow pan, mix together remaining crushed cereal and sesame seeds.
4. Using a rounded teaspoon, form cheese mixture into small balls; roll in sesame seed mixture to lightly coat. Place on ungreased baking sheet. Flatten with fork to 4 cm (1 1/2-inch) diameter, 5 mm (1/4-inch) thick.
5. Bake at 180°C (350°F) about 12 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to wire racks; let cool. Store in airtight container.
YIELD: About 4 dozen crackers.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.