Prep Time: 10 min
- 50 mL or 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 250 g or 1 pkg (about 40) regular marshmallows or 5 cups miniature
- 1.5 L or 6 cups Rice Krispies* cereal
- 2 mL or 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 15 mL or 1 tbsp shortening
- 500 mL or 2 cups chocolate chips
- 12 wooden sticks
- Candy sprinkles
In large microwave safe bowl, melt margarine, one cup of chocolate chips, and marshmallows on HIGH for about 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute.
Stir vanilla into mixture until smooth.
Add KELLOGG’S* RICE KRISPIES* cereal, stirring until well coated.
Shape half cup of mixture into ball, inserting a wooden stick.
Refrigerate until firm.
Melt remaining cup of chocolate and shortening in a small sauce pan over low heat.
Dip the bottom of each ball into chocolate and decorate with candy sprinkles. Refrigerate until firm.
Stove Top Method
Melt margarine in large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Follow steps 2 and 3 above.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg’s* products. Results with other products may vary.