Saucy Soft Tacos (Gluten-Free version)
- 500 g or 1 lb Lean ground beef
- 125 ml or 1/2 cup Chopped onion
- 375 ml or 1 1/2 cups Frozen corn thawed
- 500 ml or 2 cups Gluten free Salsa
- 500 ml or 2 cups Rice Krispies* Brown Rice Gluten-Free cereal
- 2 ml or 1/2 tsp salt
- 10 ml or 2 tsp chili powder
- 12 20 cm (8-inch) brown rice tortillas
- shredded cheese, chopped green onion, chopped tomatoes, shredded lettuce, sour cream, salsa
1. In large skillet, cook ground beef and onion over medium heat until meat is browned. Stir in corn, salsa, cereal, salt and chili powder. Simmer over low heat about 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
2. Wrap tortilla in a cloth or foil and warm tortillas in oven. Spoon 125 ml (1/2 cup) meat mixture onto each tortilla. Add toppings as desired. Serve immediately.
† Since product formulation vary from one brand to another, be sure to always read the ingredient listings to be sure that the brands you selected are gluten free.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.